Real Madrid vs Eibar Prediction
SPAIN: LaLiga – Round 28
Match: Real Madrid vs Eibar
Kick-off: June 14, 18:30
Prediction: Over 2.5 Goals
- Real Madrid begun the round as one of six La Liga (LL) outfits yet to lose as a favourite at home this season (W9, D4), having conceded the opening goal of the game just twice (both within the first ten minutes) and salvaging points (W1, D1) on both occasions.
- First-half goals at the Santiago Bernabeu were few and far between leading into the hiatus, with Real Madrid failing to score before half-time in five consecutive LL games at home, which included four 0-0 scolines.
- Eibar’s 45.45% win/draw rate as an outsider on the road (W1, D4, L6) is in line with the league average, though four losses from their last six LL away games would be of concern. They have managed to restrict their hosts of the day to four half-time draws in that time, despite scoring only one goal.
- Their recent woes come in spite of having taken as many (if not more) corner kicks than their opposition in four of their last five LL matches, with an average of four per game in that period. To their detriment, an away goal difference of -8 after half-time ranks amongst the poorest in the LL, and as a result the strugglers have lost six of their seven LL fixtures when conceding the opener.
- Players to watch: Karim Benzema’s match opener in the previous meeting with Eibar was one of ten occasions in which he has recorded Madrid’s first or only goal this LL season.
- Albeit both at home, veteran Charles registered Eibar’s first goal in two of their three games prior to the break.
- Stat attack: The last six H2H meetings have all produced three or more total goals as well as a winner, with both teams scoring in three.
- Real Madrid’s last five LL matches have all produced four or fewer total cards (average 3.40 per game).
- Looking at LL as a whole, eight of the last 11 games before the hiatus saw both teams score.
|Head-to-head matches: REAL MADRID – EIBAR|
|09.11.19||LL||Eibar||Real Madrid||0 : 4|
|06.04.19||LL||Real Madrid||Eibar||2 : 1|
|24.11.18||LL||Eibar||Real Madrid||3 : 0|
|10.03.18||LL||Eibar||Real Madrid||1 : 2|
|22.10.17||LL||Real Madrid||Eibar||3 : 0|